Why Corowa ?
- Thermal conditions, start mostly 1,5 hour earlier than at the other sites.
- No rice or big irrigation.
- Close to the mountains.
- Easy landable paddocks from the airfield up to 1000 km north
- 2,5 hours drive from Melbourne Airport.
- Excellent and well maintained airfield with wide concrete and grass runways
- Safe airfield without high objects such as power lines etc.
- Sufficient accommodation ( motel and holiday units) in town 1000 beds!
- Close to the bigger towns.
- And for the people who are not flying or any accompanying friends there are a lot
of things to do close to Corowa. (wineries, Albury, Lake Hume, Melbourne, Beechworth
Our facilities include:
- Hangar (35 x 50 m)
- Clubhouse, with office, internet, storage, bar, showers, BBQ.
- Swimmingpool with Spa.
- Tie down area with enough water ballast facilities and electricity for charging batteries.
- Paved roads to and from the runways
- Camping site for tent and caravan.
- Two piper pawnees
News & Events